10.29.2007

From Shack to Mansion

OK, so we moved to Anchorage (finally) and we find there is so much space we do not know what to do with. It was crazy living in such a tiny place with a family of 5 + 2 fish (and trust me the fish took up some room in that place). The place we are in now is not reaaaally a mansion. It just feels so incredibly different. Like I was finally rescued from the dungeon! We have so much more fun with the space...Jesse set up Brandon's train so that it would start in the living room and switch to the boys room or to Lexi's room. Then he put snacks on the train car beds and told the kids to alternate switching the train and sending it back so they could each get snacks. It entertained the kids for a long while. The kids actually use their rooms and play with each other and then have a place to go when they are grumpy and need a break.

I don't feel like I need to go somewhere every time Jesse gets home just to get out and breathe (although I probably should still do this). We actually have a table for goodness sakes...I don't think we had a table to sit at besides the fold up one with the fold up seats we set up every time we wanted to eat together. It is so odd - the kids are getting used to sitting at the table with the family. We have to remind them to relax and talk with us.

Jesse attends school full time until November 2008. He is super busy. Coping is hard but will be so worth it when he is done. We look forward to buying a house when the lease is up at this place! (Yeah)!

4 comments:

Taryn said...

Hey!!!! It is so good to read about you guys! I will add you to my blog- I want to see some pics too! Taryn

our blog is travisandtarynchristensen.blogspot.com

Andrea said...

Sure thing sweetie! Hope the heat is treating you well...;0)

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah said...

Ahhh... (non-alcoholic) champagne wishes and caviar dreams!

(I can spell this time around)