My son loves a particular book in the Bible. He looks to make sure he has the bible so he can look at that book every Sunday. It really should not surprise me as he is familiar with the name. Isaiah is a complicated book with lots of symbolism, but it is also the name of one of his favorite cousins. So, on that note, I post an excerpt of scripture from Isaiah:

Adversity often makes us more receptive to the promptings of the Spirit. And we “shall return even to the Lord, and he shall be intreated of [us] and shall heal [us]” (Isaiah 19:22). When we trust in the Lord during adversity, we open the door to His strengthening and healing power.




1 comment:
Ahhh... How sweet! And Isaiah likes bran muffins because it reminds him of a certain cousin! :)
Isaiah was named, in part, because of two pieces of scripture also found in Isaiah:
But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. (Isaiah 40:31)
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. (Isaiah 41:10)
Post a Comment