9.05.2008

Faith-Building Friday

A series of shows I am really interested in seeing come October...too bad we don't have the Discovery Channel: I Shouldn't Be Alive

I think this show (besides it's shock value) of survival should be full of faith-building moments and what I heard in my recent book club meeting as "tender mercies."

Elder Bednar gave a talk in April of 2005 concerning the tender mercy of the Lord:

"I testify that the tender mercies of the Lord are available to all of us and that the Redeemer of Israel is eager to bestow such gifts upon us," Elder Bednar states.

He also states, "Thus, the Father's work is to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of His children. Our work is to keep His commandments with all of our might, mind, and strength—and we thereby become chosen and, through the Holy Ghost, receive and recognize the tender mercies of the Lord in our daily lives."

I do not think I take the time to ponder the tender mercies Heavenly Father gives me daily...but I know there are many. It was also mentioned in the book club meeting a friend of one of our book club members keeps a Tender Mercy Journal. I find this idea refreshing and the journal is sure to make an uplifting memoir for anyone. I think I will try to make a journal like this for myself. I know that if I do this, I will receive more spiritual experiences every day. I will be enlightened ever more so to the love I receive all the time from the Lord.

A book we just read titled The Ultimate Gift spoke of gratitude. The idea was mentioned to make your own Golden Tablet which contains 10 things you are most grateful for. The idea is to wake up and think of your Golden Tablet immediately so you remember the gifts you have every day. This also sounds like a brilliant idea. I will try to implement this in my life as well.

I look forward to these faith-building activities and hope I can love and live a life more full every day.

No comments: