We had an interesting week. Yet again, Mom's overbooked herself with good things but things that require lots of energy. Energy taken away from things most important. In particular, calm and sweet family moments. Can I just say v-a-c-a-t-i-o-n? So desperately needed yet so far away. I am very glad Thanksgiving is coming soon. Our family needs the break.
We got together this week as a family to talk about being reverent during moments when we should be meditating. I remember as a young child visiting a neighbor girls house. Her mother had what they called a "meditation moment." Everyone in the house needed to contain themselves to a reasonable level of quietness. No one was allowed to knock on the door nor enter her bedroom during meditation moment. Whew do I need those - I am sure you who read this think the same about your own lives. Unless you take those moments for yourself already. In that case, I say congratulations you've received an incredible level of organization with your family and life.
I will soon post pictures of our family in costume and us in "meditation moments" HA! If I can get it on camera - we shall see!
11.07.2008
Family Friday - It's Been Another One of THOSE Weeks!
Labels:
Family Friday,
November
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Thats an interesting idea. I don't know how well that will go over with two toddlers. But there is always hope for the future! :)
We have done quiet time in our house through the years...but for some reason that has disappeared and someone is always in my room!
-sandy toes
you know you've always wanted to take a vacation to central illinois. it is one hot vacation spot! ;)
Post a Comment