Ponder -
--verb (used without object) 1. to consider something deeply and thoroughly; meditate (often fol. by over or upon).
--verb (used with object) 2. to weigh carefully in the mind; consider thoughtfully: He pondered his next words thoroughly.
Pondering is important because it helps us to gain better insight to whatever we need. I ponder quite a bit since I get many people questioning my religious beliefs. This, in turn, blesses me with the chance to study scriptures, study church history and to strengthen my own testimony.
I know Joseph Smith was a prophet, I know the present President Monson is a true prophet. I know the church I belong to is the true church, I know the Bible is the best study guide for life's questions as well as the Book of Mormon. I know the Book of Mormon is a second witness of Jesus Christ and a companion volume of scripture to the Bible that records God’s dealings with the ancient inhabitants of the Americas. I know that the only way I can gain personal understanding of what God the Father and Jesus Christ want for me to do is to study, ponder and pray. I know many people are misguided by twisted information and choose to believe it regardless of my own personal revelations and testimony. I dislike arguing, therefore if someone seems to be on that path, I choose to pull back and just listen to what they have to say. Often I find their sources have guided them into confusion and misrepresents the facts. I am saddened these sources are available to people seeking the truth about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
I am so grateful for my family and the examples they show me in my life. I am grateful for my own opportunities to grow and learn to be a better example to them and others. I love my family, my church, my freedoms and my ability to understand. I love Christ and am ever grateful for His suffering and love for me. I love my Heavenly Father and His love for me and am ever grateful I can communicate with Him. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
11.02.2008
Sunday Sampler 11-02-08
Labels:
November,
Sunday Sampler
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment