11.11.2008

Tackling it Tuesday 11-11-08

All things thrown aside and I am starting anew. I've been bitten by the SAD bug. For those of you who do not live in Alaska, SAD is not only an emotion of distress but also an acronym for Seasonal Affective Disorder. It just means the sky is getting too dark too early for my butt and I have a hard time adjusting...so I have to use one of these lights ummmm but not for my butt (I bought it for much less at Costco a few years back) to try and clear the SADness up:





My idea is to hook it up to a timer switch and when it goes off before I wake up, I will get the needed light for my morning to be pleasant(er). Or maybe the thing has a timer. I can't remember. I forgot to use it all last winter. My husband threatened to take it back to Costco many times over. Thank goodness I held my ground. I definitely need it this winter.

So, while I crave the lovely pile-o-sweets from Halloween, have a hard time waking up in the morning, and feel down and tired on gray and gloomy days...I have a hard time coping and pushing myself to finish regular tasks like the dishes, laundry, etc.

So here is my list for the week:

Finish all laundry - including all the darn blankets, pillow covers, and rugs the children puked all over this weekend whilst they were fighting the flu. YUCK-O!

I finished the heap of dishes in the kitchen already today...yeah for me!

Compile the black hole of papers scattered about the house. Again. File, shred, just get rid of the darned piles.

Oust the books piled up to "sell.."

Vacuum out the car.

SANITIZE the bathrooms. Yeah - that one's a must as well - immediate must.

Dust house and wipe the windows down. I need all the light I can get.

That's about all I can fathom for now. What's your week looking like?

PS - can you send some sun our way? Or at least a little blanket of fresh snow to lighten things up around here. Snow fell and stuck here since Oct. 05 and it is starting to look a bit dirty and brown.

2 comments:

The Roaming Rolfe's said...

You are great! It will get better if you just stick to it! I thought you Alaskan grown were use to the dark thing?!J/K ;) It has been gloomy here, and it makes it feel more like Alsaka, I love it!

The Alaska DeKays said...

So how does the light work for you? I thought I would see how I did this winter before investing in one. I hear ya loud and clear bout those gloomy days. I don't care how cold it is---if the sun is shining then I'm happy!

P.S. My kids were puking all weekend too!