Goal making. Why do we make goals? To focus on a purpose. My main purpose in life is to become perfect. Perhaps I will never quite get there. Jesus makes up for what I cannot. As long as I try to do the right thing, educate myself and forgive myself for my shortcomings while keeping God in the center, I will turn out okay.
My main thought is in keeping the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life daily while observing Sabbath once a week. I have many pinpoint goals I make - not all of spiritual concern. I am following the advice and example of a friend and am listing my goals in a separate blog: Charmed Goals
I know following a guideline helps me to perfect my talents and interests. It gives me further purpose. A scripture was read in church today I fully appreciate. Jesus Christ was concerned with perfecting himself and the understanding to what His goals are is only stated once in the scriptures:
St Luke 2:52 And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and man.
Therefore, the four goals of the Saviour are:
An increase in physical, intellectual, spiritual, and social perfection.
I am so grateful for His example and for the gospel in my life. I am grateful for a purpose and ever more so for the knowledge of that purpose.
1.04.2009
Sunday Sampler 01-04-09
Labels:
January,
Sunday Sampler
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment