1.11.2009

Sunday Sampler 01-11-09

Leadership. What makes a great leader? A successful leader for good that is? There are many leaders this world experienced such as...


Reputed Mafia Godfather Botti
or Hitler


and countless others.


I am speaking of a person with a good heart seeking to lead a people toward good and a positive influence to the world.


A good leader leads through example, service, willingness to be a part of what (s)he leads. A good leader is humble and not prideful. Seeks not for fame but to help guide in the right direction. A good leader helps keep the people productive and commends the people for their efforts while quietly and individually chastising those who stray.


I hold a few positions of leadership right now. One of which I consider the most important and which brings the most impact on the world. I am a mother. I lead my children in the direction they go. While I lead and guide, they have the ability to govern their own choices. This is called free agency. While I appreciate free agency, it can be hard to see my children make the wrong choice and be hurt by it but they need to be able to prove they can be good people seeking to bring good to the world. They need to learn to repent from their mistakes and forgive others for theirs. It is my hope and prayer my children receive the guidance they need and become benevolent people who are adored and cherished by others as I cherish and adore them. I only hope I am the person my own mother wanted me to be as she guided and directed me through my early years.

1 comment:

The Roaming Rolfe's said...

You are a great mom! And a great leader. I agree on the whole leader thing, where are the good leaders???