1.15.2009

Thursday Three 01-15-09

Items I found helpful now that all of my children are heading out of baby phase..
These are things I found VERY helpful when they were babies.



1 Especially for nursing mothers but comes in handy for any napping or bottle fed in your lap baby:
(I used mine for all three and found it extremely helpful. Especially for those days when I sat in the rocking chair at 4 am nursing half passed out. It helped to keep the baby in my lap instead of baby dropping to the floor with me wakening in a panic (don't ask :-)). I also found it was nice to place in daddy's lap while he sits so I can take care of other things.)



The Boppy





2 For parents with multiple children:
(This helped to free my hands yet allow the babe to sit up and enjoy the show - I only used this with my last baby and he used it only when he could sit up on his own...just a more secure place to put him as I worked in the kitchen, etc.)



The Bumbo (Just don't put it on an elevated surface!)









3 For anyone who wants to take a shower and know your child is reasonably safe:
(I am telling you Baby Einstein was like crack for babies...my older children still enjoy watching it with their baby brother. I would place the baby in the saucer, flip on the BE DVD and know the baby was comfortable, entertained and somewhat safe.)



The saucer (no wheels), Baby Einstein DVD combo!









As an added side comment: I wish I could figure out how to use one of these things better...I just didn't take the time that I should have. I am still trying to figure out how to use it with my 19 month bdbbboy. This wrap is called Storchenwiege!






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They didn't have those things when my kids were little. maybe for the 3rd one but I didn't get to see them. I love baby things though and have been having the baby pang lately. I think it's just because my oldest turned 18 and my middle one 15 last week.

Me (aka Danielle) said...

An Award awaits you on my blog!

babbler said...

I think you should dye your hair blonde.