I am aching for spring time to arrive around here. With all the angst, I look for springy things on the internet. Today, I decided I will post three drinks (non-alcoholic...sorry those who were looking forward to otherwise) I think work perfect for a light, springy, Easter meal:
Spring Fever from about.com - a four fruit drink.
Ingredients:
3/4 oz lemon juice
3/4 oz mango syrup
1 1/2 oz apple juice
2 oz blood orange juice
Preparation:
Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice.
Shake well.
Strain into a collins glass half-filled with crushed ice.
Tropical and fruity non-alcoholic drink recipes lists many different fruity mocktails..
I like Afterglow. Tastes good, looks good, I'm good.
1 part grenadine syrup
4 parts orange juice
4 parts pineapple juice
Ice
Mix. Serve over ice. (High ball glass)
Tropical Storm Drink from cooks.com is intriguing as well:
1 (8 oz.) can chilled, crushed pineapple in juice
1 lg. ripe banana, peeled and chunked
1 egg
1/2 c. dry milk (powdered)
1/4 c. water
1 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. lemon juice
13-15 ice cubes
Combine all ingredients in blender. Cover. Blend medium speed about 1 minute or until ice is finely crushed. Serve in a hurricane glass.
3.26.2009
Drink Up
Labels:
March,
Thursday three
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Those do sound good! I may make one to help spring along!
Post a Comment