Gratitudes. Inspired by a blog full of fabulous hot beach scenes I recently spotted at Island Roys...
1. I am grateful for the stiff, slippery, crunchy snow and nose-hair-freezing-lung-squeezing air I breathe every day in the coldest parts of the winter. I am grateful for those days because they help me to appreciate the warm, sunny, soft, green, fresh-smelling days ever more.
2. I am grateful for living in this arctic area because there are really no massive bugs (unless someone is keeping one for a pet) nor snakes and instead, we have beautiful wild animals like moose, fox, and bear that you can spot a mile away...well, usually you can!
3. I am grateful for fabulous rock beaches you can skip rocks into the ocean from and collect amazing pieces of art for door stops and paper weights - or make awesome jewelry from. The rocks that travelled through time to collect on the beach from their watery home.
3.19.2009
Thursday Three 03-19-09
Labels:
March,
Thursday three
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
This is the friend in the Caribbean! Your pictures of Rondy almost made me miss it... Almost! I can shiver just thinking about it. I am sort of sad that we never made the trip into Anchorage to see all those amazing scultures, but with so many little ones and it being so cold I just couldn't do it. Thanks for sharing the photos so I can feel like I'm there. I'll keep my Alaskan memories alive through your blog, if that's okay with you!
I'm coming over from Blog Stalkers Unite, asking for your help. I am in the running for a round trip airfare paid ticket to Connecticut, to meet a friend I became acquainted with through blogging. She is a super fun person and is holding this contest. I entered a funny story titled "Grapejuice Floaties, Now Marry Me." The person whose story receives the most votes will win a trip to meet this generous lady, whom I'm hoping to meet. The voting ends tonight I believe. I am ahead for now but there is a story coming up from behind out of nowhere and I would so, so, appreciate your help. Her blog is www.becausemomsaidso.blogspopt.com and the voting is on the sidebar on the right. "Grapejuice, Floaties" Just go there and cast a vote for me, please. Thanks so much-you're awesome! ♥
Post a Comment