5.28.2009

My Rights

I love my husband and adore my family. They are fun to be around and I would be amiss with out them. That being said - I decided I need to demand some rights around here. I hate to sound selfish, but putting myself on the back burner all the time hurts not only me, but my family as well.

Right No. 1: I have and demand the right to take time for myself just to do what I want to do.


  • I have a closet full of crafty things I would love to complete.

  • I have a stack of books I can't wait to read.

  • I have many spiritual goals to achieve.

  • I would love to take off sometime just to grab a cup of hot cocoa or smoothie and read at a book store or some other quiet place.

  • I would love to take off at any given moment and watch a movie I want to see.

Right No. 2: I have and demand the right to exercise.


  • Although this might sound crazy.. I love to run. I miss it. I drool at people as I drive by them and they are running with their dog or friend or by themselves - no, not because I think they themselves are "hot" but because I so want to be running right now!

  • I am a tired, crazy, uptight mess. I am all those things but taken down a notch or two when I exercise.

  • I need to schedule exercise in my day 5 days a week on top of active family outings 7 days a week.

  • My mommy and wife skills are better organized when I work on myself first and this is especially when I work on my health.

  • I insist the kids need a quiet break away from the TV and this will mean the TV is open for me to work on my various workout DVDs.

Right No. 3: I have and demand the right to enjoy the outdoors.



  • I love the fresh air on my skin and in my lungs. It is an exhilarating feeling.

  • I desire to go camping in the summer yet find it doesn't happen as much as I would like.

  • I yearn to find something in the winter that keeps me (and the whole family for that matter) active in the outdoors.

  • During the summer, especially here, if you don't go outside you miss out on so many opportunities to store up on "free" goods. Berries, fish, wood, wild game, vegetables, flowers...so many things!

  • S'mores. Need I say more? :-)
  • 5 comments:

    The Roaming Rolfe's said...

    I agree! You go girl!

    Taryn said...

    amen! You just said what we all feel!

    Your bossy older sis said...

    Yes, I think you need s'more. S'more time to enjoy life, s'more family fun, s'more exercise and sunshine, s'more "me" time, s'more s'mores! :)

    Jennifer Bundy said...

    Sounds good to me! Maybe you should write a Mommy Creed and then post it around the house so everyone can see it. I am finding myself needing those things as well. Now that Tyson is taking a break from school, I feel relieved. Crazy, huh? Not my schoolwork, but still affected me so much!

    The Alaska DeKays said...

    Gimmie a call and we'll catch a good movie together sometime. You should come hiking with our mommy/kids hiking group this summer.