Back to "business" for now!
This weekend we had the privilege of listening to our wonderful Prophet, President Monson, along with other inspired speakers at what our church entitles General Conference. His last inspired message to us was (in a very brief summary of my own interpretation) to not put off joy until tomorrow. We need to be happy in the here and now and concentrate on what we have, what the world around us offers us, and not concentrate so much on the things in our life that will be of no significance to us when we look back on it. He mentioned a funny comment about new or young mothers concentrating on the little fingerprints everywhere, cereal scattered about the room and toys strewn everywhere. He got *me* all choked up telling *me* I will miss them when they were little. True. I already miss my biggest who is in first grade. Sometimes my heart aches when I drop him off and watch him scoot into class barely looking behind him. Trust me, I miss him already. I know many parents that say they are relieved their kids are in school. That is not me. I am fortunate to have him in a school where I can drop in at any time. I take advantage of it just enough not to seem too overbearing. I sure miss him when he is not at home. What am I going to feel when they are all in school. I don't know if my heart will take it!
10.05.2008
Sunday Sampler
Labels:
October,
Sunday Sampler
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment