11.27.2008

The Worst Thanksgiving.....

I remember the worst Thanksgiving - EVER for me. When I was living in the dorms at NAU, I went to an Arabic engagement with my Arabic friend from across the hall (her sister was the one getting engaged to a man she didn't want to marry). The engagement was in Phoenix so we drove to the big city. I didn't have a dress so my friend offered a selection of dresses she found from a closet. I showed up at the engagement and found out it was the dress the parents of the man my friends sister was to be engaged to bought for her to wear to the engagement (following me still?). I was so embarrassed! I ate lots of foods I've never seen before and had fun at the engagement regardless of the dress fiasco. We drove back to Flagstaff for the dorms the next day and I was very, very sick. No one was there since it was Thanksgiving vacation. I had a sink in the room but the toilets were community and were way down the hall. I could barely walk and thought I might just die in the dorms all alone. I was just miserable and I was ever more so happy to go home to Alaska for Christmas that year!

No comments: