I received an award from An Eagles View today. I thank you kindly dear - I now have to list 10 interesting things about me. An award with an assignment. That is one hard earned award.
The Rules for the Honest Scrap Award:
A) First list 10 things about yourself - and make it interesting...:-)
B) Pass the award on to 7 bloggers whom you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap.
1. As a teenager I would stare out my window dreaming a knight on a white horse (cute guy in his white Mustang convertible) would come rescue me and sweep me away. The dream came through. I met my handsome prince, the Mustang he too dreams of owning someday! Instead, he swept me away in his pink Ford Aspire..a rollerskate that aspires to be a car.
2. Although they say blondes have more fun, my blonde (yes it's natural) bores me. I have secret thoughts of turning it black for fun...something I am too scared to do.
3. I have this funny dream of owning my own "day spa" as well as a few Alpacas, some chickens, a goat... I am not so sure the two ideas mesh but it sounds glorious to me! (LOL - Well slap my knee and call me lucky ... I just found a replica of my dream at a farm in New Jersey. Click on the Alpaca link and you can peek if would like!) PS: the alpaca link actually works now.
4. I come up with all these fantastic ideas for projects with the kids but fail to either start or actually finish any of them. Poor kids - so neglected. I actually helped my son finish making a cardboard doghouse for his stuffed animal dogs. We will paint it tomorrow - I think! lol
5. I once hiked up one of the many mountains of Alaska and skinny dipped in one of the glacial ponds with my friends (high school). It was foggy. You couldn't see 3 feet in front of you. We were cold. My best friend hid my underwear. Good times...gooood times.
6. I had a huuuuuuge crush on two counselors I worked with at a summer camp. Both of which I so sadly found were gay.
7. I never really dated in high school. Just hung out with friends. I am glad, too! Why date in high school? I knew I would never marry them. If we decide later in life to date, so be it but in high school? Wasn't for me. Although, funny enough, I married someone I went to high school with. Hmmmm.
8. I am very observant when I want to be. I once figured out this man I had just met loved Bruce Springstein because he wore a red bandana out his back pocket. I sat and stared at that bandana and finally asked him, "are you a big fan of Bruce Springstein?" He was very impressed that was all it took for me to guess.
9. I cherish my family and I am willing to die for my children. I was once asked in an interview if I would die for my children and I quickly knew I would. No thought about it. It is engraved into my soul.
10. I am not a big fan of glitzy expensive things just to show off (although I do enjoy the Mustang mentioned above). I just like things that are pretty. They don't have to be expensive to be attractive to me.
7 bloggers I would like to hear some more Honest Scrap from...
T2 Christenson
The Cooley Clan
Roaming Rolfes (Although you just added a long list which will do...:-))
Mean Mommy Musings
Manic Monday Momma
Lawyer Lady
Dekay Family
1.19.2009
Honest Scrap
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
You're interesting! Although I did do oodles of projects with my kids, I have a ton of supplies in my craft cabinet that I can't even remember what I bought them for!!
What a trooper you are! Thanks for accepting this one! I have to admit, I giggled about #6. Thanks again!
Love it! Love how we can always learn new things about our close friends! Thanks for sharing!
I enjoyed reading this post. Thanks! I love the title of your blog too, I think you should start a rock band with it. It rocks
What kind of interviews are you having?:)
Post a Comment