Picture taken from www.definitivecaribbean.com
I have all these ideas in my head for a home business that sit there unsettled. I brainstorm, draw ideas, come up with business plans (yes, I am a business major), and fiddle with how to get them started. It would be nice to have some extra cash on the side for vacations and the like. Here are the three - yes, three I actually planned out:
1. A partnership with my sister making little artsy things we could sell at craft bizarres, online, and perhaps in businesses. (Got this one planned down to the nitty gritty.)
2. Making jewelry and bows and selling them via in-home demonstrations and online, eventually making it to the store market either owning a store which has workshops for adults and birthdays for little ones, or selling to stores directly. (Planned this one, but am unsettled on the start up costs as the beading and ribbon market is vast and I haven't put my finger on the best options yet.)
3. Doing massage as a contractor and making my own hours so I can pick up the kiddos after they get out of school... (This was my original idea and the one I had in mind as I attended college. I would still need to get licensed and figure out costs for this one. It still sounds a bit appealing to me.)
Now, if you know me, or even if you don't and just want to have your say.. post a comment and tell me which one you think is the best option. Not that I am going to run with it, but your opinion might help push me in one direction or the other! Thanks for the bloggy love!





6 comments:
I vote for #1 because I am broke.
I always wanted to be a massage therapist but never did what I needed to do to get it done. I think you could tie #1 and #2 together and eventually have it all work out. Start on-line out of home and then as you earn and become more known you could start a shop. Good luck.
I agree, you can do #1 & 2 together, the more you offer, the more you sell, but make lots before you start! And I think you cold do really good at massage, I always loved having you do them! You can do it all!
I like them all but I think that the crafty part might be eaiser to do. You can sell them at open market in the summer. You are amazing, you can do anything.
Numero 3 Please!!!!
-Martha
You've got healing hands.
Well, I have toyed with idea number one myself. I have also had all sorts of other ides go through my mind. Right now I am trying my hand at catering. Not taking off too much, but I don't know if I am really ready to do all that much either. I once wanted to be a massage therapist but had sevearl hangups about it. One being I would need my own when I was done! Good luck though!
Post a Comment