5.19.2009

Tornado Tuesday 05-19-09

So I haven't posted any of my Tornado Tuesday's for a while. I don't post these to make myself look so important or "goody-two-shoes" rather it is to give inspiration for you to find new ways of helping people around you. I promise I do something every week. I try to do something every Tuesday but with a crazy busy schedule it doesn't always happen on Tuesday. I feel like I have spiritually grown so much from this. Just as one small example, I helped a friend take off the old wallpaper from her new house. It was fun and I found out she is afraid of heights.. no fun getting up on that ladder for her I am sure. I was happy to help her get it done faster.

I feel like I need to branch out further into the community to do some good there. Once my oldest two get into school again, I think I may try to find some volunteer source to assist with (besides my children's school)!

Feel free to list different ways you have found to bless anothers life. I am not offended if other comments are listed with ideas to help loved ones and strangers. In fact, I welcome them. I love hearing good news and it helps to calm my anxiety to see that this world is full of lovers not haters! :-)

3 comments:

Deana said...

I used to deliver meals on wheels up until I had my second child. It became a little difficult carrying meals with 2 kids in the snow. But it was great! The time commitment wasn't bad. Once every 3 weeks. When my oldest goes into kindergarten this fall, I am planning to pick up a route again so I will be able to deliver with my youngest and hopefully teach her a little about doing for others in the process. The people that we delivered to were always appreciative and also loved seeing my oldest daughter. She sure knew how to make them smile! For many of the people we delivered meals to, this was their only hot meal of the day. It is a great program!

The Knight Family said...

Here is a good example of how others (perfect strangers) have blessed my life recently.

We are having lots of family down for my hubby's graduation, so I decided that we will all go on a dinner cruise of Elliot Bay. I found bogo coupons in a Seattle coupon book. I asked friends and family to donate their coupons and I got enough for everybody's price to be cut in half.

Sure enough, once I started packing, I misplaced two coupons. They are worth $55 each! I went into a panic, looked through several boxes, but no luck. Still two coupons shy.

On a whim I placed a 'wanted' ad on craigslist asking for the coupons. Within one hour I had two different people email me and offer their coupons! Amazing right!

Anonymous said...

I think that is such a great idea of doing something of service each week of significance! I drive my 65 yr old friend to the gym with me and make myself go even when I don't want to because I know she wouldn't go AT ALL if I don't pick her up myself. She is not self-motivated and so I am her motivation. I offer advice for her loosing weight and getting healthy because I feel she needs help. She now calls ME MOM, in a nice way...she doesn't mind my perseverance and pushiness I guess! I consider this my main mission of service right now!