3.11.2008

20, 10, 5, 3, 1, now, soon....

**Thanks Taryn for the great idea (taken from your cousin)! ;0) **

  • 20 years ago:
    I was 11. I was in the fifth grade and I was boy crazy. My good friends were Brandy and Catrina. I played the flute in band and discovered I really liked listening to my own music (not that I played but from the radio).
  • 10 years ago:
    I was 21. I just broke up with a scrub of a boyfriend and swore off dating to go on a mission (eventually). I started hanging out with a good friend from high school alot. He was not LDS but was a good person to go hiking, etc. with. Then in June of that year, Jesse and I found each other and the rest is great history.
  • 5 years ago:
    I was no longer working outside the home. Jesse just graduated from college with an AS. Brandon was a year old and we just moved to a tiny 1 and 1/2 bedroom duplex to save money so we could pay off bills and buy our own home (little did we know I was pregnant with Lexi already mmmm happy SURPRISE).
  • 3 years ago:
    We were still living in the tiny duplex. I went to Minnesota to visit my good friend Brittany in the fall. I stopped training for the marathon so I could get through my classes and graduate from college which I did that May. We bought the Subaru. My dad was not feeling well and went through many health trials.
  • 1 year ago:
    Tyler was born (that summer). My hands, mind, and soul got much busier with three little ones under one tiny little roof. I was worried I would go insane....or did I?
  • So far this year:
    We spread out into a three bedroom in "the big city" while Jesse started school to get his BS. Although, he is good at that on his own....;0) I was recently called to be the Stake Primary Secretary. I found I like frozen meal groups and book clubs. I decided I needed to do more things for myself again and get healthier. I love decorating our 'huge' apartment. The 2 older ones are about to outgrow me! I love having Brandon in school yet I miss him yet I know this summer may be tough for us all.
  • In the near future:
    I would like to volunteer with the community more, start training with TNT to run a marathon, get the house completely organized (almost there) and get most of our debt paid off (again almost there).

1 comment:

Jennifer Bundy said...

This is a cool idea- I'll have to steal it for my blog! Does Taryn have a blog? I dont have an address or anything for her, could you hook me up? Thanks!